Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Valentines Day Prep & Happy Birthday

Ok, I went shopping this afternoon at Hobby Lobby.  After posting pictures I felt really convicted.  Like I am spending too much money on stuff that I really do not need.  I want them, but I don't need them.  Well guess what the service at church was focused on tonight???  Budgeting!  Just what I needed to hear!  God has a way of doing that.  Confirmation to my conviction!  :-)  Jesus says, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.  Matthew 6:21

Listen to your inner voice!  It's there for a reason.  I'll take my own advice on this one too.  ha!  :-)

Back to Valentines Day prep ~ since I did visit Hobby Lobby today!
I am loving Valentines Day and what is even cooler is that Hobby Lobby was having a sale all Valentine decor 30% off.  I couldn't resist.  Now remember, I bought these before the service tonight where I was reminded, or should I say convicted about budgeting.

 My vow is to not purchase anything else for Valentines Day!  But since I did purchase somethings today, Here are just a few more pictures!  But nothing else after today!  Promise!



I have been looking for a burlap banner so I had to snatch this up.  I think it was only $8.99.  Not bad at all.

I felt it would be good to have the kids decorate there rooms as well.  I put some hearts garland on James window.

Sue just has a little heart picture in her room.  I was really looking for something like a Valentines tree to put in her room but don't know where they would sell such a thing.
                             Tom's birthday is today!  Woohoo! Here is the card we picked up for Tom.




                 I will cherish the kiddos signature forever!  Love their pictures and illustrations of "daddy"
                     and "James". Totally cute!


Today is Tom's birthday so he requested to have Shredded Cheddar Chicken.  Here it is in the preparation stage. Step 1. cut  4 pieces of Chicken Breast in 4 parts.  Set three bowls aside, one with 1 cup of milk, second is 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers crushed, 3rd bowl includes 1 block of grated sharp cheddar cheese.  After dipping chicken breast in each of the three bowls, place in baking dish.  Heat at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.


This is the final picture with the sauce over top!  Yumm, it was so good.  Although next time my husband and I agreed that Chicken thighs would taste better than chicken breasts.  I will have to post the recipe.  Sooo, sooo good!  The sauce is made up of 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 2 tablespoons of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of butter.  Heat and stir all ingredients.  Pour over chicken breasts.

 I hope to post some more pictures tomorrow of Tom's birthday.  I am going to make him a cake tonight and I'll take some birthday pics tonight!

Happy Birthday Tom!  

No comments: