Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cloudy with a chance of rain….

That just describes my mood today.  I was let go from my job yesterday after I had just been given a promotion/raise.  It puts a damper on your spirits just a bit…The reason why is still not explained.  This is how it all went down, so you're telling me that I get a raise because I was not given adequate leadership and training in my position and I am performing average (Per my bosses instruction) given the circumstances, but now two months later, your letting me go because I am not meeting satisfactory requirements with no explanation.   Doesn't seem right but chalk it up to a lesson learned.

So first thing after dropping my kiddos off this morning, I went straight to the gym…hoping to lift up my spirits a bit.  I have never been let go from a position before unexpectedly so it is hard to swallow when you have the kind of work ethic that I have.  I am not happy with that decision at all.

But, moving on…:-/

Yesterday, I went to my son's award assembly.  He did not receive any awards but it was still nice to go and be there for him.  Here he is walking in with his class.


And here is a special picture of my niece.  My sister got a new dog, I forget the breed of it, it is a mixture of two different types of dogs, chihuahua and something else.  Great picture!




And that is about it!  Feeling a little sad today but happy regardless that I get to be with my kiddos.  My son is wanting me to homeschool him and I am somewhat undecided about that.  He doesn't seem to enjoy school as much as his sister does.  I don't know if that would be good for him or not.  It has it's advantages as far as me knowing how he is doing academically.  I am sometimes at a loss at how his performance is on a day to day basis because of him being in ESE.  His cognitive skills are a little slower than that of a regular 2nd grader.  Something to think about for sure and don't want him to feel insecure about his disadvantage in learning.  Prayers going up!

We shall see though.  You never know what God has in store.   :-)

No comments: