Monday, January 20, 2014

Understanding your menstrual cycle..


We have been anticipating this day forever!  My daughter finally had her menstrual cycle!  This probably isn't a topic that I normally would post on a blog, it is somewhat of a private issue but  I was so excited and I know Susan is too!    For girls, it's a big milestone.

For those of you who don't know, Susan is on the right.  She is with her  cousin, Colette!




We had our little talk about what to do and what to carry in her backpack at school in case it happens unexpectedly.   :-)

I was able to purchase a little bag for her and put together some things she will need in case of emergency.  Also, I found this pretty cool gadget that I think Susan will love!  It is a period tracker that she can put on her galaxy tablet that way she will be able to track it a little better.  I remember when I was in middle school, I would wonder when am I going to have my period.  I would forget what day it started or ended so this little tool would be awesome!



This is such a huge moment in a little girl's life.  I remember when I was little too, it just marked the step into womanhood!  ha!

With that, she is on her way to maturity.

In other news, I was able to purchase a new pair of glasses!  I love them!  I have been needing a new pair of glasses for a while so this is exciting.  Here is a quick pic.




I assume my vision must have gotten a little worse because when I put these babies on, I felt like I was going cross eyed.  I am getting used to them now though.  It's a pretty good day for the Smith girls!  :-)

Today was Martin luther King today so the kiddos were out of school.  We took them bowling and had a great time!  


Colette and her Aunt Crissy

Very hard to see but Susan has a crush on the boy in the red shirt, all the way on the far lane.  His name is Chandler and he goes to Susan's school.  Too funny!


With that I am wrapping it Up.  Bachelor is about to come on and I cannot wait to see who Huhwahn (Juan) Pablo is sending home tonight.  He is so hot!  And his daughter is just adorable.  Melt my heart!  :-)

No comments: