Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday

Saturdays around our house don't usually mean a lot other than YMCA basketball games for both kiddos that take us up until about 2:30ish.  After that it's normally lunch and then hang around the house and do odds and ends.

Today, I took a nap after lunch.  It felt so good!  A lot of times I feel guilty taking naps, like I should be up doing work or something but today I felt totally ok with it and was able to nap for an hour or so.

Unfortunately, I made a cake for Tom's birthday and we have been munching on it.  He loves chocolate on chocolate with peanut m&m's (That was my own special touch) but I loved it and so did everyone else in the house.  Hoping that it gets eaten up soon!



This is a meal I made the other night. Tom was craving some meatloaf so I made up a meatloaf.  How good does this look?  It was so good!  If you havn't had meatloaf in a while, make it! You won't be sorry and your spouse will be pretty happy too!  Tom made his into a meatloaf sandwich.



Taking a sharp turn and talking about hair...
What happens when you don't listen to your mom and don't brush your hair after the bath/shower?  You continue to get knots in your hair as exhibited by my daughter.  What a pain!  And these aren't small knots, they are big knots!


Last but not least, here is a pic of my beautiful niece at her new job!  We stopped in today to say hello!  Love this little girl and when I see her, I still see her as a baby but not so much. :-(


Random family pics around the Smith house!



This was after I had braided my hair the night after being washed and left it in over night.  It turned out pretty good I thought.  You should have seen the attempt before, I looked like Melanie Griffith from the movie, Working Girl (Before the makeover).  It looked terrible!  

Well, just because…actually my niece gave me this shirt and I thought it was cute!

Just hanging with the kiddos!

No comments: