Friday, January 3, 2014

Letter to my children...

As I sit here on a Friday night, I have already posted in my blog for today so tonight's thoughts will not get posted until tomorrow.

I sit and I think about the fact that I did not make any New Years Resolution's this year.  I also sit and think about my children.  My goals and desires for them this year.  To become more disciplined, to learn to love each moment of every day.  To give back to people who have given to them, to hug more, laugh more and just be a strong example of Jesus Christ.  How would God want us to live?  We need to move forward in that thought.

God is amazing and he loves us and we are an extension to those who do not know what God is about. And if our children can be that voice and an instrument for God, please God use my children.

I have seen my daughter reach out to others even at her young age, she invited friends to church and she is not afraid to go to church with me every Sunday.  Her brother does not have that desire quite yet, but maybe one day.

Susan has a boldness that could certainly be used for God's glory.  I am going to try and do what I can to feed into her eagerness to learn more about God and to seek him out.  Being adopted and knowing that, she could certainly be used for her testimony and the way that God has used her thus far.

And I know that James' testimony can be used as well.  He is such a loving little boy and I love him so much!

Lord please direct their steps.  :-)




No comments: