Top 5 Hits ~
Emma Jane turned 1
|My future sister in law always throws such great birthday parties with the cutest decorations! Sweet Emma is devouring that cake!|
Went to our first "real" Florida State" game
|Fashion was also kept in mind when attending the game. How do I look? ha!|
Kaylee turned 18
|This is a monumental moment in a child's life and we were able to celebrate with her. Love my precious niece.|
Went back to school and took a math class and made a B+!!
Learned how to tie a figure eight scarf
|I'm sorry but this was a big hit for me. Now I can look stylish while wearing my scarves..ha!|
My top 5 goals for 2014 are:
~ Visit a few local attractions for the kids - Science Museum, Epcot, something that I can keep the kids interested in learning about life in general.
~ Attend a yoga class! This has always been a goal for me, I hope to actually accomplish this, this year.
~ Further my photography skills. My husband bought me a Canon camera this christmas and so far I am quite pleased. This year instead of taking my kids to a professional portrait studio for their annual Christmas picture, I was able to take them to the beach and get some pretty neat shots.
~ Further my personal relationship with God. With work and everything else, life can certainly get in the way and put a divider in between spending daily time reading and praying. When your relationship with God suffers, everything else in your life is a direct reflection. Look at your life, how is it looking today?
~ Last goal for 2014 is to start doing some more arts & crafts. I would love to learn how to use a sewing machine!
I am excited about a lot of goals and aspirations I have this year! :-)
Now, on another note…some misses of 2014 were:
- Diagnosed with a underactive thyroid - hoping to gain control of this thyroid and come to a healthy balance in my everyday life and health
- Mother in law was diagnosed with lymph node cancer but it appears that she is in remission. yay for God's healing power!
- Grandmother in law - Jane passed away. We were expecting that for years but it finally happened this year. I say that because she wanted to pass on for several years.
- Had to withdraw from a math class (fall term, passed the summer term class) I was taking at the local community college. Hoping to get back in there and pass that class this year!
- Not spending a lot of time at the spa and/or getting my nails done. Ha! I used to keep up with that on a weekly basis. I kinda let that go and I need to put that back on the list. My husband won't be too happy about that but I will have to find a healthy balance that works for us.
I wish everyone a Happy New Year! :-)