Friday, December 20, 2013

Gaylord Palms Ice

We had a great time at the Gaylord Palms Ice in Orlando tonight!  They have this exhibit set up once a year at Christmas time.  What a fun time!  I would certainly go again!

First up, what to wear when going into a 9 degree refrigerated room?  My husband was able to pick up this head warmer with matching gloves.  Paired along with my puffer vest and the blue coat provided by Gaylord Palms, and I was toasty warm. The kids had their matching gloves and hats too!

Disregard the cotton pajama bottoms.  The minute I got home I changed out of my blue jeans and boots and put these pajamas on.
Here are some snapshots we were able to take.







Before entering the refrigerated room, we had to put on these blue coats to protect us from the cold.  It was about 9 degrees in there (and windy!)!






They had this ginormous slide that the kids were able to slide down.  It was made out of ice (obviously)

.








This nativity scene was made completely out of ice (I like to state the obvious over and over).  The coolest thing ever!



The lens started to fog up a bit because of the temperature in the room. Once we were out of the refrigerated room and the camera had time to acclimate to the room temperature again, the pictures came out clear.

What a fun family time.  James fell asleep on the way home.  Fun was definitely had by all! :-)

No comments: