Tuesday, December 31, 2013

5 Big things that happened in 2013…..



Top 5 Hits ~
Emma Jane turned 1

My future sister in law always throws such great birthday parties with the cutest decorations!  Sweet Emma is devouring that cake!

Went to our first "real" Florida State" game


Fashion was also kept in mind when attending the game.  How do I look? ha!



Kaylee turned 18


This is a monumental moment in a child's life and we were able to celebrate with her.  Love my precious niece.  

Went back to school and took a math class and made a B+!! 


Learned how to tie a figure eight scarf

I'm sorry but this was a big hit for me. Now I can look stylish while wearing my scarves..ha!

My top 5 goals for 2014 are:

~ Visit a few local attractions for the kids - Science Museum, Epcot, something that I can keep the kids interested in learning about life in general.

~ Attend a yoga class!  This has always been a goal for me, I hope to actually accomplish this, this year.

~ Further my photography skills.  My husband bought me a Canon camera this christmas and so far I am quite pleased.  This year instead of taking my kids to a professional portrait studio for their annual Christmas picture, I was able to take them to the beach and get some pretty neat shots.



~ Further my personal relationship with God.  With work and everything else, life can certainly get in the way and put a divider in between spending daily time reading and praying.  When your relationship with God suffers, everything else in your life is a direct reflection.  Look at your life, how is it looking today?

~ Last goal for 2014 is to start doing some more arts & crafts.  I would love to learn how to use a sewing machine!


I am excited about a lot of goals and aspirations I have this year!  :-)



Now, on another note…some misses of 2014 were:

  • Diagnosed with a underactive thyroid - hoping to gain control of this thyroid and come to a healthy balance in my everyday life and health
  • Mother in law was diagnosed with lymph node cancer but it appears that she is in remission.  yay for God's healing power! 
  • Grandmother in law - Jane passed away.  We were expecting that for years but it finally happened this year.  I say that because she wanted to pass on for several years.
  • Had to withdraw from a math class (fall term, passed the summer term class) I was taking at the local community college. Hoping to get back in there and pass that class this year!  
  • Not spending a lot of time at the spa and/or getting my nails done.  Ha!  I used to keep up with that on a weekly basis.  I kinda let that go and I need to put that back on the list.  My husband won't be too happy about that but I will have to find a healthy balance that works for us.  
I wish everyone a Happy New Year!  :-)

No comments: