Thursday, December 19, 2013

Venting!

Some days having a hypothyroid doesn't affect my life at all but some days that is all I can think about.  Today is one of those days!  I went to the doctor last week and once again the doctor increased my mg dosage.  When it was at the previous dosage, I was losing weight like crazy (about 10 pounds weight loss) and maintaining but now since they increased it I have been gaining. Granted, I have been eating like crazy ever since Thanksgiving.  Overall it is still frustrating!  To not be the one in charge of your metabolism is humbling and helps me learn to be still and be calm even when I have no control over things.

What prompted the dosage increase is because I have been feeling so lethargic and bad headaches.  When we come to a level that I have the energy I need than working out would not be a problem because I would have the energy.  I would love to just get to a steady level and stay there with no bad headaches and no fatigue.  We are on our way.  This is certainly a journey!

Still have to get my workouts in.  Tonight I was able to get on the elliptical for a bit and burn off some calories.  It really does feel good to sweat the toxins out!! We take pictures after working and post to a page on Facebook group called Coaching to a healthier and fit me, led by Kimberly Burnsed.  You should check it out!  At least seeing pictures of others getting out there and doing it will make you want to get up off the couch! 

Maybe I should add a smile after the workout!  :-)
 
Either way, it will all work out.  It is just frustrating in the meantime.  I pray that everyone else is having a good day and a Merry Christmas!  Only 5 shopping days left.  :-)

Add caption
                                                 Snowflake says, Have a Merry Christmas!    :-)

No comments: