Thursday, December 26, 2013

A new look...

Hoping that everyone is recovering okay from Christmas and all the festivities!  :-)

I wanted to share today one of the gifts that we were able to get my daughter this year that I loved.  We were able to transform one of the bathrooms into one solely for her use.  She is going to be a teenager in less than 2 months and with that comes more time in the bathroom.  A quick way to avoid any future arguments of time spent in the bathroom, we let her use the extra one.

Here are a few quick pictures of the minor updates to the room to make it look more girly.


I bought the shower curtain from JCpenney and it was just a plain creme shower curtain and I hot glued on the zebra stripe with pink ribbon overlay.  It looked like the curtain was bought that way.



I think the thing that she loved the most was the towels that had her name embroidered on it.  I was able to purchase those from Pottery Barn.  Tried to incorporate a sign with some reassurance of confidence.  Sue is at an age even more so now with peer pressure and such that she needs to be reminded to be a confident young lady always.  Here is a close up of the sign.


I am sure that she loved it!

Here is a couple of pictures when she first walked into the bathroom!  She was definitely surprised. She was definitely not as impressed than she was with the galaxy tab her dad bought her for christmas (which was in her hands).  Social interaction is at the utmost now so she was ecstatic to get the tablet.




Another thing that I saw in the stores that I wanted to take a picture of and share is a picture of christmas bears with puffer vests on.  On a couple of the blogs that I follow they are talking about the importance of purchasing a puffer vest for fashion purposes this season.  Well, we went into Kmart (didn't even realize Kmart was still in business) and they had these bears up on the shelf with their puffer vests!  Too cute!


And just because I love this picture and its reminder of our visit to see the ICE exhibit at Gaylord Palms, thought I would include it.  Couple of cuties!  :-)





No comments: