Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Daily Devotion

Decided that at least once a week, I will devote my post to a bible verse and expand on it.  Following Jesus and living my daily life for him has always been something that I enjoy doing and always want to share it the best way that I know how.

"Draw close to God and he will draw close to you"  James 4:8

What this means to me is that if I read my bible, pray and seek after a relationship with Jesus that he will come closer to me and our relationship will be stronger.  I will see and feel him in everything.

Being distant from God is not a good feeling at all.  I do not like it.  And there are times that I have experienced distance from God.  It didn't feel good.

It's like having your best friend leave for a while and not hear from her, something is missing.  And you can feel that in your daily relationship with God when you don't spend the time with him that you should.

I love that old song, Jesus loves me this I know, because he does and he wants us to spend more time in his word so that we can live out all of the promises that are given to us in his daily word.

With that, I hope today is an awesome one!


No comments: