Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ramblings.....

Have you ever had that time in your life that you just reflect back on the past and look to see how far you have come or what you need to accomplish still in life?  I recently went through a life changing situation.  I have yet to write publicly about it because I guess I just not want to acknowledge that it happened to me, a born again christian that by every definition, this should not happen to.  I mean I believe in God, I try to give him the stresses and worries in my life but there are some times that it just is not enough.

The last few years have been a tumultuous time in my life.  I can put on the smiles, I can lift my hands in worship on church on Sunday and give the Glory for what is going right but it has not been an easy road by any means.  It has taken a lot to get where I am today.  On top of all that, God has been trying to deal with me one and one and when you have other people who try and intervene and put their two sense in that has no clue, it certainly does not help any.

To suffer a mental breakdown before you are 40 and people who are surrounding you that have no clue, and the people that can sense something is wrong just don't know what to do.  I have never been in a situation though that people just try to overlook it.  They know you have suffered a mental blow of some sort and they just look at you like you have a third eyeball. This all happened at a place I was employed at several years ago and employed at now.  When it happened, everybody just tried to act like nothing was wrong although one of the people that was considered a friend said I was not acting like myself but yet no one ever approached me and asked if I was ok or if something was wrong.  I went to several churches trying to reach out and I was shunned in every sense of the word.  Being raised in churches and knowing and believing with all my heart that God is about love and loving not only sinners, backsliders, prostitutes, liars, thieves, he still loves them beyond belief.  To expect that from people I understand is a little much but I guess I see it somewhat differently.

What if you go to a church that does not know how to handle a spiritual gift that you have?  Not only was I suffering with a mental setback,  I was also dealing with a spiritual issue that I know God was using through this situation.  I have pulled back from going to church and distanced myself somewhat from people.  Not the right way to handle it at all but I am just not sure what else to do.  What do you do in a situation like this?  I pray that God can soften my heart a bit and let people back in.

On a much better note, I was able to visit my son's classroom today and sit with him and get a good feel of his classroom and how he participates. I was quite pleased in the sense that he raised his hands quite often to answer questions. I like his teacher and I know she works with him but I am somewhat worried.  He is not performing at a rate that we would like at this point.  I just need to work with him some more.  His intervention teacher has given me some laminated sheets of letter sounds that can I can work with him on so I am excited about that.  Here's  a picture taken just leaving is classroom.  We were able to have lunch with our students and then check them out early so that was nice.




This was just for kicks.  I also follow another blog, Big mama.  On this blog several days ago she posted how to do a chignon on the side of your head.  I loved it!  So I tried it out today since I was going in to James classroom.  I thought I would do something different with my hair and keep it out of the way.  Here was my attempt.


Was able to get to the gym first thing this morning!  So happy!!


Nothing can refresh you mentally like working out and sweating it out!!  

Last but not least, I have to share about how I love my cat!!  He just keeps me company and follows me all throughout the house.  Here he is waiting for his mama to get off the laptop.  



Meal Time:

Tonight, we are having linguine with ground beef and prego sauce.  Can you tell Prego was on sale BOGO?  I am sure my family will be tired of pasta by the end of this week.  Ha!

That's about it for now, make it a great one folks!  :-)




No comments: