Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to me! (Insert musical notes)


Happy Birthday to me...and yet another year closer to 40!  I took the day off and just relaxed around the house.  Actually, I ran a couple of errands, went to the gym without worrying about who was going to watch the kiddos and then cleaned house.  I enjoyed every minute of my day!


We just finished up cake and ice cream and now I am ready to take a nice warm bath and settle in for the evening.  It was a nice day and it would be a great evening to wear those nice fur slippers that we ordered a few weeks ago. It turns out restoration hardware was out of stock on the size that we selected so they sent us the wrong size and in return we had to send them back to get the correct size in a different style.  I can not wait to get them.

First thing this morning my daughter suprised me with a gift bag that she had put together.  Now keep in mind these are gift bags that she goes around the house and finds something she likes and re-gifts it.  I don't care, I think it is adorable and love to see what she is going to come up with.  This is what she had this morning waiting for me.


The suspense element...what's in the bag?


oh look, the scented sea rocks my son made me for mother's day that I never used.  Clever idea.  Thank you for reminding me Susan!  lol  I really need to use those and maybe tonight I will!  :-)



Susan also had a envelope that she had made puzzle pieces along with pictures.  I loved that.  She wrote a caption with each picture.  The pictures started as far back as 1995 up to present.  Thank you to Miss Susan, she made her mother smile with her gift bag.  

Alert:  Splurge items upcoming



My first Christmas purchase of the season.  New Silver and white snowflake pillows.


Just because purchase.  I was able to get this shirt for about $6 on Clearance at NY&C.  Very comfortable and will look great under a jacket of some type.



My second purchase at NY&C.  A nice nautical and white striped shirt that would also go great with a nice pair of shorts.  I also purchased this shirt for under $10.


Wish List:

An item that I would really, really , really like for my kiddos next year is flannel Christmas sheets.  I was able to find some at Pottery Barn that I have to have.  Wish list for next year though.  (Deep Sigh)


And with that, I am out!  Spending time with my family on my bday!  :-)


Here's hoping for the best year yet!  :-)

~ Sherry

No comments: