Wednesday, November 27, 2013

oh there's no place like home for the holidays.....

Today was so much fun!  The kids did not have school today and I took the day off from work and decorated the house for Christmas.  Not totally done yet but well on my way.   Had my christmas music on and my candles burning.  Loving the holidays!

If you havn't bought the cd by the Robertson's, better known as Duck Dynasty, you really should!  I listened to that over and over today.  And let me tell you, the Robertson's can sing.  Every person had a song that they were included in and they sounded so good.  I could hear Willie, Jase, Phil, Sadie...all of them on the cd.


                                    

I included just a few pictures of the decorations around the house.  Still have more to do.  But here is just a glimpse.  You can see in the background, that I still have some Thanksgiving decorations before I totally move over to Christmas.  (Have Thanksgiving tablecloth and table runner on Dining room table)

                                            

                                      

                                                  

                                                  

                                                  


                                       

And now that I am done for the day I am lounging in the living room with the fireplace going and my baked apple pie candle burning.  It's nice and warm inside.  Brrr it's cold outside, it's 57 degrees outside!!  

                                                    

Meal Time:

Made a quick meal, Kraft Velveeta rice, chicken, broccoli and cheese.  One of my husbands favorite meals!

                                          

Tomorrow I will post pictures and the recipes of the meals that I will be making.  I plan to make a homemade baked apple pie (first time ever), broccoli and cheese casserole, fried mushrooms (as appetizer) and the staple item that I bring to every family function under the sun, Deviled eggs.  I can't wait! I will post lots of pics!

And with that,  I am signing out.  Hope everyone has a great night and a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!  :-)

No comments: