Friday, November 8, 2013

It's officially the weekend!

And we have absolutely no plans, which sometimes is nice.  Last night, we went to the opening night of the Volusia County Fair.  It was free admission so my husband surprised us all and bought the kids bracelets so we could spend a night at the fair.  Let me tell you, it was packed.  A good time was had by all.  I have the greatest time watching my lil ones on the rides.  My son was too scared to get on any of the rides but my daughter sure had a great time!






This robot was the coolest looking thing ever!!  My sister said they have this robot at the fair every year but this was the first time I remember seeing it.  It was about 7 to 8 feet tall and had a electronic voice.  He would stop and talk to the kids and also sing to them.  Oh man, I gotta tell you it was kind of freaky!

  This is the first ride that Sue went on.  It was called the gravitron.  She had such a great time but I think that might have gotten her a little scared.  She looked like she was trying to regain her footing when she got off.

One of the things that we love about the fair is the food and let me tell you, for the first time we were able to try fried oreos and they were so good!   Not saying that I could eat a lot of them but something different to snack on for sure!

Also, I had to take a picture of a pair of sweats that my husband bought for me.  We are going to a FSU game this month and he wanted to make sure that we all had something to wear.  I love these FSU sweats! They are Glimmer Capri sweats.  I picked out a FSU sweatshirt too, nothing too exciting but I love the pants!


Here's a picture of me with the kiddos and their FSU attire as well.  Go Noles!  And off to the fair we headed in our Seminole sportswear!




Tom was kind of ticked that James would not get on any rides at the fair.  Oh my goodness, I see both sides so I am kind of stuck in the middle.  James is afraid of heights and roller coasters (just like his mother).  Tom was mad because he thought he was being a sissy.  I totally get James and understand the fear element but I certainly do not want to encourage the fear with my son either so I try to stay out of that one.

Meal Time!!

Friday nights are always fun when it comes to meals because it is usually Pizza, Take out or something fun like that.  Today, I found this neat recipe on another blog for making Sloppy Joes.  It was simple to make and can't wait to hear what the kiddos think about it.  I am pretty sure hubs will like it too!  Here is the recipe for Slightly Sweet Sloppy Joes.


Shopping List
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Burger Buns

Brown ground beef in skillet, add in onion and saute a few minutes until tender.  Stir in soup and next six ingredients.  Simmer 10 minutes, stirring often.  Serve on buns.




That is it for today.  So happy it is the weekend and I am out of work.  TGIF!!

No comments: