Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A lil bit messy

Oh Jack O' Lantern

Is it just me or the thought of a messy pumpkin not something I look forward to cleaning up?  We finally carved the pumpkin last night.  Took some time but we got it done. 


It's not pretty but gosh darn it it has eyes, a nose and a mouth!  I call it done! And the kids are happy, goal achieved!            :-). Seriously though next year I plan to purchase a template so it will have well defined eyes, nose and mouth.  This year, my daughter wanted to draw a picture and we used her picture to carve out the pumpkin.  Turned out ok...:)

Found a recipe today for the pumpkin seeds so that should be fun to roast those in the oven.  Cinnamon w/ brown sugar..will post w/ recipe once made.

On that note, I'm outta here!  Getting my son ready for football practice, I'm going to work out, figure out what's for dinner and then off to school!  Whew!

No comments: