Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkin Patch


What a fun day at the pumpkin patch!



Another Smith family trend.  Annually, we visit the Santa's Tree Farm in Lake County.  During October they have the pumpkin patch and then starting in early November, they start selling Christmas Tree's, you can either have one cut down or purchase one that is precut. Most of the trees that you cut down are Spruce Trees.  But they also have trees that are shipped in and available for purchase.

A checklist of all the items that make for a great and successful day at the pumpkin patch:
  • Hayrides
  • Zipline 
  • Pumpkin Patch
  • Bounce Area 
  • Popcorn (one of my favorites!)
  • Corn Maze


We couldn't have asked for better weather!  We were able to go on the hayride, the kiddos played in a bounce area and my daughter was able to go on the zipline.  They also have a spot for the family to roast marshmallows and hotdogs.  (We havn't partaken in that yet but do plan to!)

My sister and niece joined us this morning too. Made for an extra special time!




This morning we had these tasty Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast.  No fancy recipe for these rolls. Bought pre-made dough by Pillsbury and just popped in the oven! I love Saturday mornings!  




Splurge Item:

I was able to visit one yardsale today.  The couple who had the sale were moving out of their home so they were selling absolutely every item out of their house.  I was able to purchase a sturdy pair of adirondack chairs for $5.  What an amazing deal!  I placed them smack dab out in the front of our house.  I told my husband they look like they belong in Key West.  One is white and the other is pastel pink.  Adds a splash of color to the front of our house for sure!

And with that, I am signing out!  Time to settle in for the night and relax!  Would be nice to have those faux fur slippers on nights like these.  ha!

No comments: