Thursday, May 8, 2014

Found a Nest!!

So my daughter, Susan, found a nest at my sisters house.   I thought it was the neatest thing.  The way that birds use all of the natural resources to build a nest, they used trash bags, pine needles, moss.  It was just the coolest thing.  So don't you know I took it right out of the bush, not thinking about the safety of the eggs or the mother bird coming back to look for it.  Those thoughts did not ever enter my mind. 


I ended up taking the nest with the three eggs inside and placed the three eggs on the ground, one did crack and out spilled yolk.  


Later on, the mother bird did come back looking for the nest and I felt horrible.  Next time, I will think a little bit more before I take something that was so beautiful and we were able to see one of God's creatures build.  It was amazing.  


I thought I would also share a meal that I made recently that got a lot of thumbs up around the house.  

It is called Macaroni and Cheese Bake.  

what you need


1
pkg.  (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner

1
cup  KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided

1/2
cup  BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream

1/4
tsp.  ground red pepper (cayenne)

6
 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/4 cup)

1
Tbsp.  butter or margarine, melted

make it


HEAT oven to 375°F.
PREPARE Dinner as directed on package. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, sour cream and pepper; spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
MIX cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over ingredients in casserole.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.


It was so incredibly good!!

No comments: