Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Recap

What a fun Mother's Day.  We didn't go out and spend a lot of money anywhere, didn't buy anything that was out of this world expensive.  It was a lot about receiving lots of love from my family and rest!  I think I took several naps yesterday and that doesn't happen in a typical day.

My husband found this pretty cool hotel, Daytona Beach Resort and Conference center that we stayed at for a night.  He had some pretty amazing discounts and incentives through his work so we were able to stay there pretty inexpensive. I kept telling my husband, I loved that hotel!  The room we stayed in could easily be turned into a permanent apartment suite for someone.  Love, love, loved it!  Pics will come later.

I did not get to see my own mom for mothers day and my husbands mother said she was not feeling well, so not to bring the kids over.  So we'll have to make it up sometime during the week and make a day trip to see both moms.  :)

Real quick, here are some pics of my kiddos homemade mother's day cards.  These will go in the memory box for sure.




On the way to the hotel for a fun day and night.  (Don't worry, I will be working on my smile. It looks like a strained smile. ha!  )  Let's focus on the children, shall we?  We were so excited!

This was our view from the room.  We were on the 8th floor, we did have a good glimpse of the ocean (and ac units, rooftops, the street below)  It was nice, the kids seemed to really enjoy hanging out on the balcony.

My little guy having fun by the pool

And our little princess with her goggles on


As I mentioned before, the hotel room was so nice.  And maybe next time when I am attempting to show you how beautiful it is, I'll try and take better pictures.  You'll get the idea though from these pictures.  Pretty spacious room.


These pictures are of mom (me) relaxing and just chilling in the hotel room.  Just came up from the pool, Love these moments.  Looking a little rough all at the same time.  ha!  Wouldn't change a thing!


This was my little guy with red eyes.  Chlorine will mess up a kiddos eyeballs pretty quickly if you don't stay on it.

This was the necklace that my family got for me.  I love you to the moon and back.  That is me and my kiddos favorite expression so I was tickled pink when it came out as a marketing trend this year on jewelry.  I loved it!  

Just perfect!

This was my mother's day outfit!  Comfy was the word for the day!  It was actually a walmart dress that I paired with some Levi capris.

My bathing suit for mothers day weekend!

More pics of the kids having fun in the pool.  They made several friends there, played hula hoop games, danced.  So much fun!
Me and my hubby relaxing by the pool

The kids strolling down to the beach
My husband knows that my all time favorite dish (besides Mexican) is Seafood Alfredo.  He has this knock it out of the ballpark recipe that I love!  Yumm, yumm, yumm!  I'll have to post the recipe (crabmeat, shrimp, scallops, mushrooms) once I get all the deets.  You will absolutely love it!
Seafood Alfredo - my favorite dish!

This was the end result of the bird's nest that I talked about in a previous post.  It ends up as decor on a shelf.



And that is about it.  Today is all about clean up with the house since mom had a day off and doing multiple loads of laundry.  Busy day but so happy to be home and getting back in the daily grind of things.  

Make it a great one!  :)

No comments: