Saturday, May 16, 2015

What are little girls made of...

What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice and all things nice

That’s what little girls are made of.

I love having a journal to share all the good and bad in life....The daily struggles and triumphs!

And today is about daughter Sue, because I don't want my blog to go without a few pics of my girl. I thought I would post a few pics of Sue.  My daughter and I tend to but heads a lot and especially since she has become a teenager it has only gotten worse!
  If I use my voice to correct anything that she does, it is taken badly.  I pray and ask for guidance daily because I do not know what else to do.  Any moms out there that pray, please include us!  God didn't promise us that life would be easy.  We just know it's worth it.  We adopted her when she was 4 and I loved her like my own.  But she was always a little standoffish, totally willing to give out hugs but beyond that, there always seemed like a barrier.  When I would drop her off in the mornings to school, there was never a willing hug or kiss to say goodbye (which always broke my heart).  Everytime I would take a picture of Sue, her smiles always seemed forced.  I know it's because she knew that she was adopted and these were not her "real" parents.  Although many days I feel like I gave birth to her, it is hard to know that she knows I did not.

So where does a blended family go from there?  Well, here we are 10 years later.  It is a relationship that is ongoing.  God Loves us both and wants nothing but the best for us.

Here are some pics of Sue.





We love her and can't wait to see what God has in store for her life.

She is a bubbly, energetic, sassy and fiery little girl. God uses her daily to teach me things about patience, loving guidance and many other things. 

I am glad I have this journal to document everything so later in life, I can look back and know that God's hand has moved in my life.  He is diligent.  God is Love!  And God loves Sue!  :-)

No comments: